When the iPad Screen won’t rotate, it is very troublesome. The issue deprives us of enjoying all the important content which is meant to be watched in the portrait mode. This problem of iPad Screen Won’t Rotate after the update has troubled a lot of people and today we are going to bringing the 100% working fixes for it.
If your iPad won’t rotate correctly, there are a number of things you can do to fix it. The fixes could be force restarting your iPhone, reverting back to the old iOS, or finding the bugs behind it. Anyway, we shall move ahead in our guide and discuss that in detail.
Why iPad Screen Won’t Rotate?
There could be many reasons behind this screen rotation issue of iPhone. Many people are facing this ‘iPad Screen Won’t Rotate’ issue since the update and while for many others, the iPad Screen Won’t Rotate in Safari. It also happens due to a certain bug in your iOS and it could be fix if you simply jump back to the older iOS version. Looking for the solution to print black and white on mac?
So there are several solutions for the problem and we will not try them one-by-one.
1st Method: Check if the Portrait Orientation Lock is turned off
People are trying to rotate the iPad screen to the portrait mode without turning off the lock most of the times. Since it is usually turn off by default, many users don’t remember that. So when the lock is on and you are trying to rotate the iPad’s screen, it wouldn’t happen. To turn the Portrait Orientation Lock off, you will need to follow the steps provided ahead:
- Open the Control Center by swiping the screen up of your iPad.
- This will show all control center settings including the portrait orientation lock.
- If the lock is on, tap it so it can be unlock and try rotating the screen.
- If the iPad screen is rotating now, you have successfully fixed it.
However, the iPad screen wouldn’t also rotate due to a device hang or a bug. For that, you can try the following fix.
2nd Method: Fix iPad Screen Won’t Rotate by Force Restarting the iPad
There are many problems including this iPad Screen Won’t Rotate back issue which can simply be fixed when you force restart the device. The same is true for this issue as well which could be caused by a bug or device hang. To force restart your phone, the following are some important steps:
- Press and hold the Power + Home button until you see the Apple logo
- Your phone will now be rebooting so wait for a while
- Once we reboot, check whether the function is working now.
If doing this simple thing doesn’t fix it for you, there are still a couple of things you can do so continue reading the guide.
3rd Method: Customize the App Settings to fix iPad Screen Won’t Rotate
There could be a certain problem in your app settings which could be causing this issue. It is time that we reset or remove these app settings which is wrong. Now your iPad’s screen isn’t rotating. The issue in the settings is more obvious when it rotates first and then doesn’t rotate back. To fix it, you will need to do the following things:
- Open the Settings of your iPad and find the ‘Reset’ section
- In this section, find the ‘Erase all content and settings’ tab
- Tap this tab and erase all settings which have been there
- When set to default, the issue could get fixed.
If you have an iPhone Plus and this method isn’t working for you, the reason behind the problem could be different and here’s what you can do for it.
4th Method: Changing display settings for iPhone Plus to fix screen won’t rotate
If you are using an iPhone Plus and this issue it can occur, something could be wrong with your display settings. To change the settings of your phone and get this to work, you should try the following steps coming ahead:
- Go to the Settings of your iPhone Plus and enter the Display & Brightness tab
- In this tab, find the Display Zoom setting
- After finding this setting, set it to ‘Standard’
- By doing that, your iPhone Plus screen will start rotating
If none of these methods are working for you, it is time that you contact the Apple Support and get it fixed. Try different support options for iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
So these were 4 methods to fix iPad Screen Won’t Rotate. There are also pay software options if none of these free methods work for you. If they have worked, let us know your feedback in the comments section so it can help other users on our site. Keep visiting our website for more Apple problems and find their solutions.