Our today’s topic is “ MacOS Could Not Be Installed On Your Computer” Are You a Mac User? And find difficulty to install MacOS On your Computer? You don’t need to worry about that because you are in the right place right now. We will provide you the easiest methods to fix” MacOS Could Not Be Installed On Your Computer” in this article.
Apple has provided World’s best Gadgets to its users, These wonderful Gadgets provides many services and has been proved best in their working, However problems can exist here in their working, Everyone likes a high-performance OSX for their Mac, and Apple makes sure to provide MacOS updates every time when possible. These updates are necessary for the proper functioning of your PC as they significantly improve their performance and enhance them. So we can say that these updates are highly important and if you are using Mac then these Updates are much more important for its high performance.
However, what will you do if you face problems regarding downloading system updates? Sometimes you may face a problem and when you check error this error saying MacOS Could Not Be Installed On Your Computer, Then what will be your next step? Simply read this article and find comprehensive ways to fix ‘MacOS Could Not Be Installed On Your Computer” and try to find new ways. Lets we start:
Steps to Fix MacOS Could Not Be Installed On Your Computer:
MacOS Updates Could Not Be Installed On Your Computer is a common error usually occurs While you are working on your Mac. You are in search of an appropriate method to fix it, then you don’t need to worry, In this article, we have collected all of the popular ways that can be used to fix this problem. These solutions work for the latest Mac updates, including MacOS Mojave. We will find methods to install new updates on your Mac.
Here we will also be looking at some minor things or errors which can cause a problem in your Mac’s System, here we will try to fix these minor problems too. So let us try them and if they don’t work we’ll move to more advanced solutions. Let’s start to find “ updates for your Mac” and fix their installing problems.
It can be a little complicated for you but Don’t worry, we will try to understand its working here. For older Macs, NVRAM Reset is known as PRAM. To do an NVRAM Reset, follow the steps given below:
- First Turn of your Mac.
- Make sure to keep press the following four keys simultaneously Options, Command, P, R. Turn on your Mac.
- After about 30 seconds, release the keys
- Once your Mac boots up after restarting, Open System Preferences
- Check if any settings such as Volume, Display Resolution, Time Zoneor Startup Disk Selection are reset.
Your Mac should now be able to install the Latest Updates by the help of this.
2.Checking Date/Time on Your Mac
When the above-mentioned method is not working then you should go to the System Preferences, Date & Time, and check if the date and time are correct according to your current timezone and Date. You should set it to do this automatically. Let your Mac take care of it. Once you are sure that the Date & Time Settings are correct, try updating again and see if it works.
Downloading the Update Directly From Apple
This is one of the safest ways to fix your Updates Issue for Mac. However, you might have to wait for some time as this process takes time, though your system should be updated with no issues. Let us look at the required steps:
- Press and Hold the Option Key, then Go to the Mac icon on the toolbar at the top and click Restart
- You will observe a Startup Disk Selection Screen
- Choose your Main Hard Drive(In the above case, it’s Macintosh HD)
- Now your Mac should boot up as usual. Once it is done, open Safariland follows the link given below:
- You will find a list of the latest MacOS updates. Choose the Latest one and Download
- Once it is downloaded, opened and install with the help of the on-screen prompts.
That’s it! The update will start, and it is going to take some time. But your Mac will be updated to the latest version!
Sometimes, insufficient storage can also lead to the update causing problems. Try clearing out your storage and you can follow the guidelines here to free up some space on your Mac.
This should resolve MacOS Could Not Be Installed On Your Computer.
5.Third Party KEXT Files
If none of the above solutions work, it could be because of the third party KEXT extensions. These could be causing the error MacOS Could Not Be Installed while installing High Sierra
KEXT files get added in your Mac unknowingly when third-party devices such as pen drives and others are attached to your Computer. You can resolve the issue by checking the third party extensions that are present on your Mac or Macbook.
This is very easy, and you can do this by following the steps here:
- Open Terminal your Mac
- Type the following:
Kextstat | grep –v com.apple
- You will now see all the third party extensions currently present on your
- Now that you have the list, you can try removing the Kext files and see if it works.
- To do that, if the KEXT file name is ‘LAUNCH’ (say), then type this;
sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/LAUNCH.kext
- Once this is done, and you have removed the KEXT files, you can check if they have been removed using Step 2.
Now, try to install the updates. Your Mac/Macbook should now be able to install the update as usual, and you won’t face any more problems.
6. Running First-Aid
Running First Aid on your main Hard Drive can sometimes fix the problem. Here’s how you do it:
- Press and Hold Command+R and click on Restart
- Keep Holding it while restarting and you will now Boot into Recovery Drive
- Open Disk Utility
- You will find the Option of Run First Aid, do it for your main drive (Macintosh HD by default).
- Close Disk Utility and Restart your Mac
This should easily resolve your issue and the MacOS Could Not Be Installed On Your Computer will not come anymore.
We hope this article was much interesting and informative and now you are able to fix the error MacOS Could Not Be Installed On Your Computer on your MacBook easily, and now you can easily install latest OSX version on your Mac. If you have any further queries regarding this article Feel free to ask from us by your comments. Keep in touch with us for further interesting and informative articles.