You must be familiar with the window in which the iPhone keeps asking for password. Even when you enter the password and start using the phone, it might pop-up again. This is one of the most annoying issues which are probably caused by a problem with your Wi-Fi. So you must be wondering about what to do what an iPhone keeps asking for password for email?
Today, the objective of this step-by-step guide is to fix this problem of ‘iPhone Keeps Asking for Password’ with the most working methods. Follow our guide to fix iPhone touch screen not working issue. For that, we have searched the internet thoroughly. Some of these methods will even work when the Apple app store keeps asking for password.
Why and How ‘iPhone Keeps Asking for Password’ Occurs?
- 1 Why and How ‘iPhone Keeps Asking for Password’ Occurs?
- 2 The Step-by-Step Guide to fix ‘iPhone Keeps Asking for Password’
- 3 Method No. 2: Restart or Force Restart the iPhone to fix ‘iPhone Keeps Asking for Apple ID Password’
- 4 Method # 1 Update All Apps to fix ‘iPhone Keeps Asking for Password’
- 5 Method # 3 Manually Sign Out of Apple ID to fix iPhone keeps asking for Password
- 6 Method # 4: Wait for iCloud Servers to be Up to fix ‘iPhone Keeps Asking for Password’
- 7 Method # 5: Reset Network Settings to fix ‘iPhone Keeps Asking for Password
- 8 Conclusion
It is our tradition to introduce you to the problem and its reason before jumping on to the fixes. As far as this problem is concerned, it usually happens due to many Wi-Fi problems. When you will open an online app and the wireless network has an issue, the app will ask for password.
Also, this might also happen due to some internal error in an app. If it is happening when you are opening one app but not on errors then we need to fix it that way. Let us know move ahead and fix this issue of iPhone keeps asking for passcode.
The Step-by-Step Guide to fix ‘iPhone Keeps Asking for Password’
If you are a victim of iPhone keeps asking for password in app store or for wrong Apple ID, here are some of the best methods to fix the issue.
Method No. 2: Restart or Force Restart the iPhone to fix ‘iPhone Keeps Asking for Apple ID Password’
There are many common problems which can simply be solved by restarting or force restarting your iPhone. To restart the iPhone, simply press and hold the power button to turn it off and then do the same to turn it on. For force restarting, however, follow the given steps:
- For iPhone 6 and older phones, press and hold power button + home button
- Wait until the Apple logo appears and your phone restarts
- For newer iPhones, press and hold power and volume up buttons to do this
If this simple thing doesn’t get it fixed then you should try the next step.
Method # 1 Update All Apps to fix ‘iPhone Keeps Asking for Password’
As we have discussed that this iPhone keeps asking for password stuck in loop problem might occur due to an error of a specific app. When such is the case, there is a good chance that the problem will get fixed when you update the app or all apps. To do that, you will need to follow the steps coming ahead in this guide.
- To update the apps in your iPhone, you will need to open the app store
- You should then open the Updates section of the Apple app store
- In this section, find Update All option on the right and tap it
- When your apps are done updating, the problem should be fixed
However, if the iPhone keeps asking for password in app store, you cannot use this method. But don’t worry since we have already got a fix for that as well.
Method # 3 Manually Sign Out of Apple ID to fix iPhone keeps asking for Password
If your iPhone keeps asking for password for email Id and is stuck in a loop, this could be due to a minor bug in your iPhone. You can resolve this problem very easily. If you log out of your Apple Id manually and then sign in again. Here are some steps teaching you to do this. Please follow our complete guide.
- Open the Settings of your iPhone and look for your name at the top
- Tap the name and scroll the down the new window to find the Sign Out option
- Tap this option to sign out of your iPhone
- Now enter the email Id and password again
Method # 4: Wait for iCloud Servers to be Up to fix ‘iPhone Keeps Asking for Password’
You must know that when iCloud servers are down, you are going to face trouble while signing in to your Apple Id. If this problem is occurring, search on the internet for the news discussing the downtime for iCloud servers. Wait for some time and when the servers will be up, you can sign in to get this issue resolved.
Method # 5: Reset Network Settings to fix ‘iPhone Keeps Asking for Password
In one of our guides discussing a similar issue, we told you how resetting the network settings can solve any problem like this. Well, you can try the same for this issue and get it fixed.
- Open Settings of your iPhone and then the Reset section
- There’ find ‘Reset Network Settings’ and do it
- Check if it has solved the issue
So these were 5 best working methods to fix iPhone keeps asking for password. We are sure that some of these methods will work for different users so do let us know in the comments section. Keep visiting The Mac Smack for more interesting content.