Hi Guys! Hope you people would be doing great in your lives. Welcome to another article from the world of Mac Solutions by Steve Sadiq. Today i’ll share with you, “HOW TO SET UP VOICEMAIL ON IPHONE”. The method is quite similar for all iphone models.
Shall we begin?
In this article i have focused on the following 4 points.
- How to set up voicemail on iPhone
- How to edit voicemail password
- Recording a custom greeting on iPhone
- How to listen to voicemail on iPhone
I am going to share with you guys the Step by Step methods. Please follow these methods very carefully and read properly. Hope you will be very happy at the end of this article when you guys have active voicemail on your iphone.
Step By Step Guide of the Methods for How to Set up Voicemail on iPhone
How to set up voicemail on iPhone
This is the first process that you need to do in order to setup Voicemail on iPhone 5, iPhone 6, iPhone 7, iPhone 8 and iPhone X.
- Go to the Phone app. The phone app is present at the bottom of your iPhone home screen.
- Open the Phone App.
- In the phone app, search for the voicemail logo. The Voicemail logo is present at the bottom right corner of the window.
- Select that voicemail icon. As you select the voicemail, you will have visual voicemail interface.
- Immediately you will see a blank screen with the option– Set up now. Select that option.
- At this stage, you have two options – one, if you have already used voicemail on iPhone previously then you can simply enter that password and gain access to the old account. Two, If you did not use voicemail ever, then you can create a password and then re-enter the password for confirmation and then click on the Done option to go to the greeting screen.
- Now that you have set your password to your iPhone voicemail, the next screen you will see is the Greeting screen. This is where you can set the voice message that greets you every time you use voicemail. If you are not much into that stuff, you can select the option which reads – Default and then Done to complete the setup.
- You have an option called Custom, which you can click on and then record your own greeting and then select the Play option to repeat the greeting back to you. Once you are satisfied with the greeting recording, then you can click on the Done option to finish the voicemail set up on iPhone.
- Your voicemail on your iPhone is officially all set up, you can now copy or move your voicemails around all the Apple-powered services. You can also share them via AirDrop with anyone, or simply share them by using the mail.
How to change voicemail password on iPhone
Changing your iPhone voicemail password is much easier than you think. All you have to do is follow the steps mentioned below and you must be good to go.
- Navigate to the Settings app on your iphone and open it.
- Scroll down till you find the option which reads Phone.
- Then you will be asked to re-enter the password that you have entered previously.
- Once all that is done, select on Done.
- That’s it! You have changed your voicemail password on iPhone successfully.
How to record a custom Voicemail greeting on iPhone
Have you left the greeting settings to default?. Do you want to change that setting now? It is possible, let me show you how to record a custom greeting for Voicemail on iPhone.
- Open the Phone app on your iPhone.
- Select open the Voicemail option present in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Now, on the left top corner you will find Greeting. Select it.
- Tap of Custom and then tap on Record to record your custom greeting message. You can now click on Play to hear what it sounds like. Once you are satisfied with what you hear you can simply hit on the Save option. That’s it!
How to listen to voicemail on iPhone
Now let us come down to the actual usage of the voicemail feature in iPhone. When someone sends you a voice message you will see that the voicemail section in the Phone app is now different. It has a number next to the voicemail tab, that number represents all the unheard voicemail messages.
The process of listening to the voicemails you have received is stated in the steps below.
- Navigate to the Phone app and select open the app.
- Select the Voicemail option.
- Now tap on any of the voicemails that you want to hear.
- If you want to hear the same voicemails in the speaker then all you have to do is, open the playback options and choose Speaker.
- You can press on Play to listen to the voicemail. Pause button to pause the message.
- Also, you can drag your finger on the slider bar to rewind or fast forward the message.
Voicemail is a feature that can help you maintain a better connect with people in your circle. After all sending a voice message is far more conversational and personal than sending a simple text message to someone.
In this article, i have discussed with you guys, how to setup voicemail on iphone.
I have provided the step by step guideline. You just need to follow the procedure very carefully. Keep reading and keep on doing it on your iphone. Hope you will enjoy reading and doing it.
The method is workable on all models of Iphone. I have tried to make it as simple as i can. But if you still find anything that is not clear to you guys feel free to ask me anything in the comments section.
You people will also have to inform me that how useful this article was for you. I always try to address the issues of you people that you face while using mac or iphone.
This is Steve Sadiq signing off from another article of mac solutions by Steve.