Hello, we are here again with a new informative article on a topic “How To Put iPhone In DFU Mode”. In this article we will guide you about the topics “iPhone DFU Mode Restore” , “ iPhone Firmware Update” and “DFU Meaning” and we will approach your common problems related to resetting of your iPhone and questions comes in your mind like “ How Do I Reboot My iPhone”? or “ How To Put iPhone In Recovery Mode” and “ iPhone wont Restore Or Update” etc . We are giving you all possible solutions and easy methodology to do this task in your iPhone in this article.
Hope you are enjoying incredible functionality and features of your iPhone, However its a machine and problem can exist with its functionality. If you want to reset your iPhone after resolving a Problem then you have to learn about DFU mode in your iphone.
Suppose you are in situation in wich your iPhone is not working or has been stuck then what you will do in this situation? Simply you will go to reset your iPhone . But How? There is a best method in your iPhone to restore or reset which is known as DFU mode(Device Firmware Update) .
You will find excellent methods on topic “How To Put iPhone In DFU Mode” in this article. Hope this article will be very informative to users who want to learn about restore mechanism of iPhone.
Now We are going to start :
But first we will discuss the “DFU Meaning” to know that what is DFU basically?
What is “DFU Meaning”
DFU stands for Device Firmware Update. It is used to help the iPhone in restoring and to update its firmware . By putting your iphone on DFU mode you can restore or reboot your phone easily. It will put your phone on firmware updating and fix all the malfunctioning of your iPhone. But before DFU you need to know about Firmware first. What is Firmware? For what purpose it is used.
Firmware is a type of internal programming or its a type of mobile software which is used to reboot your iPhone whenever any error occur in your phone programme. It is the programming which is associated with the functioning of Hardware so if the hardware of the gadget is in correct form then Firmware also works but if there is any problem in Hardware then frameware also don’t work.
In this article we are going to learn how to put your iPhone in DFU mode, and to exit it as well. We will give you step by step guidelines to help you to put your iPhone in recovery mode and all correction.
There is always exists some drawbacks of every procedure, like when you put your phone on DFU mode you can lose your all data present in your phone. Firmware is software related to the work of Hardware so if the problem exists in its system then it can remove your all data.
In case of malfunctioning due to the water damage on phone hardware or software, in this case, firmware also can leave its work and when you start DFU mode then all your data can be removed.
Method to Put iPhone in DFU mode(For 6s and previous models)
To reboot your iPhone or to” Put iPhone in DFU Mode” you have to follow all these simple steps:
- connect your iPhone with your computer system.
- Next step is to open iTunes in your iPhone.
- This method will work even if your iPhone is switched off.
- Press and hold the Sleep / Wake Button and Home Button for iPhone 6s and the previous models, or the volume down button if you are using an iPhone 7, together for 8 seconds.
- After 8 seconds, release the Sleep / Wake Button but continue to hold the Home Button (iPhone 6s and previous models ) or the volume down button (iPhone 7)until iTunes swift the message that has been read.
iTunes has been detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
- Go to the Home Button or volume down button.
If the screen becomes black completely then it’s mean that your iPhone has been entered in recovery mode and if it is not happening then it’s mean you have to go to the beginning point.
After completing all operations you are now in a position to restore your iTunes.
Method To Put An iPhone 8, 8 Plus Or X In DFU Mode
Now we will discuss the method to put iPhone 8,8 plus or X In DFU mode just follow following simplest step for these versions of iPhone:
- Simultaneously press and hold the volume button from raising a side.
- Now simultaneously press and then release the volume down button.
- Third Press and hold the side power button until the screen goes completely black.
- On the moment where the screen goes black, press and hold the volume down button while continuing to hold the side button for 5 seconds.
- After 5 seconds, release the side button but continue to hold the volume down button until your iPhone shows up your iTunes.
- At the moment when iTunes appears, release the volume button. Now Your iPhone is in DFU mode and you have almost done your work.
“How to get out from DFU mode”
Now if you have completed your work and you want to exit out from DFU mode then what you will do? You just need to do that you have to hold the Power button and home button at the same moment for some time until unless Apple logo will appear on your iPhone screen. Now your phone is ready to do your task.
We hope that this article was much informative and interested to our readers. please keep your learning updated by reading our informative articles. Hope you are now able to fix your problems in your iPhone working by getting all information from this article. This all was about today’s Topic.I n future we will discuss many other problems and their solutions.